Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A Dream and Proverbs

A week or two ago during one of my dreams, I had someone telling me to pay attention or something about a verse from Proverbs. I couldn't remember if it was Proverbs 8:5 or Proverbs 5:8. A lot of my dreams are partially surreal. Things are never exactly like they are in real life, there is always some details which are different. And I tend to jump from one setting to another out of nowhere.
But I did end up remembering that dream the other day. I think the person telling me, was a guy I work with, who hadn't started on my line yet. But I went and looked up the verses, first 8:5, "You who are simple, gain prudence; you who are foolish, gain understanding." I like to think I've got a pretty good handle on that...
For 5:8, "Keep to a path far from her, do not go near the door of her house," which after reading the heading at the start is about adultery. And the metaphor is pretty clear. And I think I have an even better handle on this one....or at least I hope so....

No comments:

Post a Comment