Saturday, December 31, 2011

I Never Saw Albert Pujols Play

It's been almost a month since Albert Pujols, brought the hatred of Cardinal fans upon him. Naturally I don't like him leaving for another team, but it is the free market; get as much as you can.

The only thing that makes me dislike him, is the attitude he carried. He made mention multiple times, it wasn't about the money. It was about wanting to be in St. Louis, playing for a winning/contending team, etc. There were more important things, he said. But if that was true he would have had a deal done two years ago. In the end, him and his wife can say what they want about a long-term deal and lack of respect, but it was about the money.

Good riddance, then. The Cardinals made the right decision, in not outbidding any other teams. Continue building and developing young players and St. Louis will continue to field decent teams. The Yankees did just fine after Babe Ruth....

But the only thing I got to thinking about the other day was I never got to see Pujols play. I mean I could still see him, but not in a Cardinal uniform, unless something drastic happens. I haven't been to a game in 11 years. Heck I only saw LaRussa manage one game and McGwire take one at bat in that game, but I can say I saw them in Cardinal uniforms. I was planning on going to a game this summer, but didn't want to go by myself.

Thinking about it, the only remedy is winning multiple championships in the coming years

No comments:

Post a Comment